Meghan’s Dad Not Attending Royal Wedding As He Suffers Heart Attack

Meghan’s Dad Not Attending Royal Wedding As He Suffers Heart Attack

Meghan Markle’s father will not be walking her down the aisle this Saturday. He isn’t going to the wedding at all because of the fallout over selling photos of himself, TMZ has learned.

Thomas Markle tells TMZ, he meant no harm to Meghan or the Royal Family when he made a deal to allow a photo agency to take pics of him getting ready for the wedding. He says he had a reason and it was not principally about money.

Markle tells the website, over the last year he’s been ambushed by paparazzi who have photographed him in the most unflattering circumstances; buying beer, looking disheveled and reclusive.

He’s especially upset that they made him look like a lush. Thomas says he doesn’t even drink beer … he was buying it for the guards at the place where he lives.

He says since his daughter started dating Prince Harry he’s been offered anywhere between $50,000 and $100k for interviews and he’s turned all of them down.

Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money — though nowhere near the reported $100k — and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.

He admits the pics look “stupid and hammy.” He says he was just going along with the paparazzi agency, which he now deeply regrets.

And, Thomas says, he suffered a heart attack 6 days ago but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding. He’s now decided not to go because he doesn’t want to embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter.