Photos: Wife Sets Nigerian Husband & In-Law Ablaze in Ghana

A Nigerian man living in Ghana, Benjamin Oyem, has died from injuries sustained as his brother’s Ghanaian wife, Comfort Agboloshie, set the room they were sleeping in on fire.

38yrs old Comfort on Thursday removed her three children, all females, aged four, seven and nine, from the room in which they were sleeping with their father and uncle.

After taking the children to a safe place, she soaked some clothing in kerosene, set them on fire, before throwing them into a room where her husband, 45yrs old Lawrence Nkem and his brother, 42-year-old Oyem were sleeping and locked the door.

According to Punch, the brothers were rescued by neighbours who rushed them to the Tema General Hospital with severe degrees of burns.

Nkem survived and is being treated for severe injuries at the hospital but, sadly, Oyem died.

Ghana’s Tema Regional Police Command PRO, ASP (Ms.) Juliana Obeng said the remains of the deceased has been deposited at the mortuary [pending investigation].